Lewisham Council is asking for your views on improving its Housing Policy. The suggested improvements will aim to make the process fairer and more responsive to the housing needs of the borough.
Improvements and changes include:
- Changing the banding structure to make sure they can be responsive to the housing needs within the borough.
- Changing the “overcrowded” category to make sure that people experiencing the most severe overcrowding are prioritised.
- Creating a new category to make sure that they can respond to specific cases of homelessness across the borough.
- Increasing the number of homes that someone can bid for each week.
- Where suitable, reducing the “Three Offer” rule for refusing a property to a “Two Offer” rule.
- Making the best use of the available social housing with the resources that they already have.
To find out more about the proposed changes, please click here. If you would like to give your thoughts and feedback, you can click here. Closing date for feedback is 14 February 2021.