Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

If you have a question for us, the answer may be on our website. Below are some commonly asked questions about our services as well as links to where you can find out more.

Common questions about your tenancy can be found here (or here if you’re a Phoenix home owner), information on repairs is here, and you can find out more about how we manage our estates here.

How do I report a repair?

When something in your home needs a repair and it is our responsibility (please check your tenant handbook for your responsibilities and ours), you should call us between 8am and 5pm.

If it is an emergency, you can call our out-of-hours line between 5pm and 8am. This is only for repairs that require immediate attention such as a broken window or total lack of power.

If you call with a non-emergency repair between 5pm and 8am, we won’t be able to respond to it any quicker and it will cost Phoenix money that we could use to provide better services.

You can find answers to common repairs questions – such as what to do if there’s a leak or your electricity won’t come on – on our repairs page.

Important: Check to see if your query is resolved here before requesting a repair, as you could end up being recharged for the work if a repair is done that is your responsibility to do.

How do I get a parking permit?

To ensure residents can enjoy parking on our estates, we need to manage who can park here.

Not every estate is part of our parking scheme: if your estate is part of the parking scheme, we will have written to you and there are notices advising that the scheme is in place.

Each household can have up to two permanent parking permits. You can apply for these at The Green Man, Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. When you apply, you need to bring:

  • Your vehicle registration form (V5C)
  • Photographic ID (e.g. passport, driving license)

You can also purchase visitor permits at The Green Man, which cost £3 for hour.

Parking permits are only required Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm.

How do I move home?

If you would like to move home, there are several options. You can choose:

  1. Swap homes with another Phoenix, housing association or council tenant if you both agree. This is known as a 'Mutual exchange' – terms and conditions apply
  2. Register on the Lewisham Council Housing register and fill out your details and requirements. You will need to provide one proof of ID and one proof of address to verify the application
  3. Move to a home more appropriate for your needs, depending on availability (e.g. a smaller home or one such as at our extra care scheme at Hazelhurst Court or Trading Places that can be contacted on 0208 3314 3035)
  4. Register your interest for Seaside and Country Homes

Find out more about moving home on our website by clicking here.

How do I report antisocial behaviour?

We take you and your neighbours’ safety and comfort seriously. If you need to report antisocial behaviour, contact us, provide your address and ask to speak to your Housing Officer.

When you speak to your Housing Officer, please try to provide as much information as possible. Including:

  • what the problem is and how it affects you
  • who is causing the problem
  • how long the problem has been going on for
  • how many incidents have taken place (please provide times and dates if possible).

We will then work with you to resolve the problem.

If you have any concerns for a neighbour’s welfare, please don’t sit in silence. Report any concerns to us, and if you are worried someone is in danger call the police immediately on 999.